Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu

This is such an easy and tasty recipe. I didn't count how many carbs are in the dish but it's really low and it's so filling!

First, pound some chicken breasts so they're rather flat. Then saute over medium heat in a couple of tablespoons of butter with a couple of teaspoons of oil added to help with scorching. I also salt and peppered the chicken.
 I mixed about a tablespoon of dijon mustard with a tablespoon of mayo to make a little sauce.
 Brush the top of the chicken breasts with the sauce.
 Top with ham slices.
 Top with swiss cheese.
 At this point you can roll them up and secure with toothpicks but I just left mine flat. Put in 350* oven for 10 minutes and you're done!
 It's great for weeknight cooking when you just want to get in and out of the kitchen. Plus I was having a hot flash or something because I couldn't stop sweating and really didn't want to be over a hot stove.
-----------------------

Monday I got out for some exercise before the rain hit. I only got in a little over 4 miles but it still felt good to get out there and sweat.
Tuesday I had tickets to Bugs Bunny at the Symphony so we braved the traffic for 1.5 hours and finally got there.
They had pre-concert activities like a live band (as opposed to a dead band).
Several vendors and people giving away stuff.
They even gave away free ice cream. Don't judge. I had one. :)
We had great seats in the covered area (it's an outdoor theater) and loved every minute of the show. They showed cartoons on the big screens and played the music. Sometimes the conductor would give us a little background info or history first. The whole thing was fantastic!
It let out pretty late and we had a long drive home in the drizzly rain. Houston was lit up so pretty. Sorry for the blurry picture.

Things are going good with the DietBet. I did check my weight yesterday even though I said I was not going to do that. I was happy to see that it is going down. YAY!!!!!

Friday I'm leaving for a camping trip so I don't know if I'll be sending out a post before I go. I'll try!

Y'all have a great day!!!

6 comments:

  1. That chicken looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    Have fun on your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can bet I am going to make this version of chicken cordon bleu. yum! yum! I said I wasn't going to weigh everyday but I just get so hopeful there's going to be at least a LITTLE bit of motivation via scale. I had a little bit of drop but now just holding again. UGH! mid life weight loss is ridiculously hard even with keeping carbs so low. Anyway -- I had a huge hit last night with a low carbish oven fried zucchini fries. My husband loved them and asked for more - now let me tell you - THAT means they are REALLY good! :D I used a bunch of hot sauce mixed in with the egg before dipping in crushed plain pork rinds and parmesan cheese. I wish I knew someone who had a ton of extra zucchini to get rid of now. Have a great camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe looks good! The concert sounds like fun. Have fun camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for a concert! The chicken looks great, and yes, VERY low carb. Have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here. Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)